Monday, January 14, 2013

All moved in! (aka, Week 2 in Pics)

Phase 1 of really getting settled in Hanoi is complete ... I've officially moved in!!  As of last Thursday, I am officially a resident of Vietnam (well, kind of a resident), living in Tay Ho.  My landlord is awesome - she literally let me move in even though the security deposit and advance payment hadn't been made yet by RTI (was in process, but confirmation hadn't been received) ... where in the US would that happen??

I'm 2 blocks away from David's house (Chief of Party and fellow English speaker), 1 block away from a mini mart, and right across the street from the park, lotus pond and lake.  I couldn't be happier with my new digs.  Now that I'm in and unpacked, I can take the time to really become a Hanoian - while always staying true to my American roots, of course :)

Many (probably all) of you have likely seen the photos on Facebook, but - humor me ... I'm so excited about my new pad!

My dancing solar powered flower - might be my favorite part of my kitchen.

Welcome cake from my landlord, Madame Nga.  

Living room (well, really - flatscreen TV pic - yay!!!)
Family - notice the African birds hanging on the lamp in the corner??

Living room -  the sliding glass doors lead out onto a balcony overlooking the park, lotus pond and lake.  Very posh.

Kitchen!  I bought Christmas lights (of course) to hang and brighten the place up a bit.  It's how I roll.

Bedroom - nothing says home like my super comfortable comforter!
Too bad the bed's as hard as a rock.

I keep throwing hints out there, but ... guest bedroom - private bathroom - ready for visitors!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment