Sunday, January 20, 2013

My night with Robert Burns ... and whisky.

And what a night it was!

The event was held at the Sheraton here in Tay Ho (my neighborhood), and was a formal affair.  Most folks were in tuxes and long ball gowns - I was so happy I had the foresight to pack one cocktail dress!  Kilts were the fashion of the evening for most men - and they wore them well.

The haggis was piped in - and was actually ABSOLUTELY delicious.  The dinner was good - steak and veggies - and after dinner was traditional Scottish dancing.

And of course - the whisky.  Wow.

All in all, a fabulous evening ... good times with David and Julienne, met some nice people that have the potential to become real friends, and I felt pretty (always important!) ... I definitely enjoyed my first big Saturday night out in Hanoi!!

Enjoy the pics and videos!!


Yup - that's the haggis being piped in!


Scottish dancing!

David and Julienne pre-event

Haggis!!  And it was DELICIOUS!

Whisky.  Ouch.

Me and the founding member of the International Whisky Club



No comments:

Post a Comment